What’s in your handbag?
Hey dolls! We are totally thrilled to have had the pleasure of talking to some incredibly inspiring women from different professions who have shared a few of their secrets with us about a lady’s every-day tool; our handbags.
We know now that what we hold in our handbags usually speaks volumes about who we are as a person, and as it is a bit of a taboo to just go rummaging through another woman’s handbag (unfortunately), we thought we’d ask these gorgeous ladies about the contents of their own handbag and get to know them a little better.
So let us introduce these simply brilliant and inspirational ladies:
Total babe and songstress Lola Coca. Her debut single “Bad Girlfriend” is definitely one of our faves at WE KOKO. London based, she has worked alongside the incredible writer/producer, Stefan Starbek, who worked with the infamous Amy Winehouse. We love Lola’s nonchalant way with words that speak frankly about what most of us are probably thinking but just too scared to say. We can’t wait to see what she’s got coming next!
1. Which bag bests defines who you are?
– Saint Laurent
– A leather backpack
– Sequin covered bumbag
- A leather backpack.
2. Are you an over carrying ‘Mary Poppins type’ or conveniently light packer when it comes to your handbag contents?
Super light. Only my card, ID and lip liner.
3. What three things can you not leave the house without (minus your phone)?
You would think my keys but I lock myself out 24/7. Lip liner, headphones… I’m a light packer I can’t even go to number 3…
4. Do you have a favourite nibble / snack that you carry in your handbag?
Almonds all day.
5. What is the most embarrassing thing you’ve pulled out of your handbag?
Last nights pants when you’re at the till paying for coffee. Tragic.
6. I would prefer to carry my whole makeup bag if it wasn’t so heavy. But I’ve learnt to compromise with my go-to pieces: what three items of makeup can you not leave the house without?
Lip liner, a highlighter and concealer.
Health Coach and Hay House Author of “The Goddess Revolution: Make Peace With Food, Love Your Body and Reclaim Your Life.” She helps women end the war on their bodies, quit dieting for life, and embrace rewarding and fulfilling relationships with food. YES. She is pretty incredible; at the minute she is coaching women all over the world 1-1 or via her online academy and luxury retreats.
1. I am always changing my handbag, which I think defines me perfectly as I’m constantly evolving and changing as a person. If I had to pick it would be Moschino.
2. Totally a Mary Poppins. I work from my laptop so I always have my laptop and my charger in my handbag, plus my phone charger. That plus everything else requires a big bag!
3. Three things I can’t leave the house without are my laptop, my charger, and my lipgloss.
4. A green smoothie, which I blend in the mornings and then take on the go with me! It’s my go to, especially if I’m on the road.
5. Not a lot embarrasses me so I’d say the most embarrassing thing I’ve pulled out of my handbag would probably be parking tickets.
6. Mac mineralize powder, lipgloss and concealer.
British model and total beauty. Her down-to-earth personality and humour is so addictive that when we are looking through her Instagram; we just can’t stop strolling! She proves how hard work pays off but also if you have any questions Chloe is always extremely honest and direct to those who ask. We love you Chloe.
1. Saint Laurent – I’m obsessed!
2. In the day time I carry so much crap but in the evening I try to have as little as possible!
3. Bank card, hair brush, keys!
4. Whatever I can find before I leave… Which is usually nothing because I never have snacks in the house (I eat them as soon as I get them) Ha! I prefer to grab something when I’m out.
5. When I used to carry my hair extensions around for shoots in my bag!… Not something you want to accidentally pop out on a train! Looks like you have a human head in your handbag… Awkward.
6. I love my Bobbi Brown concealer because it comes with a powder too – perfect for going out. Also a Mac lip liner (‘strip down’ is my current fave) to top up my lips and a makeup brush to rebuff anything that’s gone wrong!!
Personal trainer and fitness model formerly known as Miss England is an all round love bug. Her Instagram motives are MOVE | LOVE | EXPLORE; and we totally agree. Her busy work schedule has kept her moving, successfully triumphing in each career path she has chosen. She is a powerful and inspirational woman who shows us how a healthy life is a happy one. Charlotte does ‘Get F-HIIT’ training sessions so sign up now to have the chance to meet Charlotte and work out with her!
1. A leather backpack.
2. A conveniently light packer actually! But I love shoes!
3. Lip balm (paw paw)… Because dry lips are NEVER the one! Sunglasses – because training outdoors is better without sun in your eyes! And a hair tie – because the moment that hair gets tied up into a top knot… I mean business in the gym!!
4. Yeah I’m obsessed with the coconut and macadamia bounce balls!
5. My electric toothbrush… On the tube in rush hour… It started vibrating inside my bag. Ok so actually the getting it out was the good bit – I was properly embarrassed by then!
6. – Mac dual eyebrow palette in brunette
– Dior Mascara
– Chanel highlighter
is the ultimate British Make Up Artist, born and raised in Essex. Her creative talents are what led her to work for Vogue Japan and alongside other incredible artists. Bea is such an admiring lady who celebrates women’s beauty in all shapes and forms!
1. Ok can I go with the Moschino Power Puff Girls Capsule Collection? My favourite Power Puff character is Buttercup but I recently got the Blossom bag because I liked the extra pigtail tassels!
2. Mary Poppins, I think ahead all the time, I’m a planner. If I’m working with a celebrity I will be thinking “hmm they might want X Y Z” which could be anything from a phone charger to aspirin, so I shove it all in my bag. If I’m on set I’m like “hmm I might want to change my lip colour” so in goes another palette. If I’m just by myself I tend to pack lighter, but I’m rarely by myself.
3. Number 1: I have a keyring of my girlfriend and I, from when I took her on the tourist rounds of london to Madame Tussauds, it’s a really bad photo because we weren’t expecting the camera and she’s looking down and I’m looking sideways but it makes me laugh! Number 2: my diary. I find it visually easier to hold a book and see my schedule for the upcoming week written down in a hard format, so i carry ti everywhere and i’m very particular about the specifics of my diary, it has to fit in to a handbag and the page layout has to be weekly. Number 3: a hair band. Unsurprisingly I am very specific about the hair bands I use too because I am aiming for Ariel mermaid hair now so I’m looking to keep it from breakages. I like to use there from H&M…
because they’re really gentle and don’t have any metal bits so never snag, they’re like hair band halos.
4. Dried mango pieces from M&S, they’re like giant soft heavenly moist buttercup coloured slices and aren’t actually dried.
5. I’m going to spin a curveball and say it’s more embarrassing when I DON’T pull something out that I should have in there – It’s mortifying when you have your kit bag on set and forget to pack something you really need (such as THE lipstick) and you hold the whole shoot up because you’ve had to send an assistant running to get it.
6. – NARS Audacious Lipstick in Anna. I love this shade for black skin and I also love this shade for my skin,
it has a semi matte finish and I always seem to have it in my handbag which means I must love it.
– Something that has made a really recent appearance in my handbag is this Mac Cosmetics Prep + Prime transparent finishing powder;
It’s one of the things I check for before I leave the house alongside “phone, keys…”
– A lip balm, I like Oulis Ointment in 15ml as the perfect handbag size, and a 50ml for my bedside table at home. If I’m wearing a matte lipstick then it’s really important to prep lips first to avoid chapping, so I use this:
British actress, Hollyoaks star (obsessed) and model. She is a complete beauty who has appeared in campaigns such as Tresemme and Gok Wan’s eponymous fashion collection. However alongside her successful modelling career Sophie has had roles in films such as ‘Juniper Ascending’ and Justin Chadwick’s new feature film ‘Tulip Fever’. Of course we now religiously watch her on ‘Hollyoaks’ where she plays Ellie Nightingale.
1. A leather backpack. I’m always getting up to mischief, so I need both hands free! I love a backpack.
2. I just like to carry the essentials, it’s not about slugging your life around on your arm.
3. Before leaving the house I repeat to myself: ‘Phone, purse, keys’. As long as I have those, everything else is just a bonus. I also have slight addiction to Elizabeth Arden 8 hour cream for my lips, so one of those is always thrown in my bag somewhere.
4. I’m never that organised. I’m a grab on the go sort of girl.
5. There’s always the classic getting your purse out in front of a gorgeous shop assistant and your tampon falls out. Half the population used them so I survived haha.
6. – Concealer – for cover up
– And eye brow filler
Got those and my face is sorted.